Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thank You

I just got home from the sign-making shindig and I'm overwhelmed by the turnout. Thank you so much to everyone who showed up and made (hundreds of) signs. There should be mention of the event tonight and the rally tomorrow on the KATU and KOIN 11 o'clock news broadcasts.

My sense is that support for Sam is really taking hold and we'll have a great turnout at the rally tomorrow. If we can raise awareness that a huge part of the city wants Sam to remain our mayor, I think we have a great chance of making a difference in how this all turns out.

As for me, I'm exhausted. This has easily been one of the craziest days of my life. I'm supposed to get up and talk to Bob Miller at KPAM bright and early in the morning. I grew up listening to Bob Miller on KEX when I was a kid, so that'll be... weird. I hope it doesn't go like the Victoria Taft (had to look up her name!) interview did. Amusing, but probably not productive.

I'm signing off for the day. Here's hoping the rally is amazing and we can affect real change tomorrow. I'm hopeful.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your hard work on this. I've been furiously writing letters to the editor in support of Sam, and I will attend tomorrow afternoon's rally.

    If anyone's interested, I put together a (sorry, low quality) "Stand By Your SAM" graphic:

    http://wriconsult.com/graphics/StandByYourSAM.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never written on a blog before, barely send emails but this has made me become more active. I have emailed every list I've ever received info on any city event - lots of neighborhood folks - and encouraged them to attend the rally at City Hall. We need Sam. We need his vision. I hope this gives him the energy to stand up and do the work he has planned. I also hopes it sends a message to the other city council members that they can stop being politicaly correct and somewhat spineless in their support for a colleague. Would they want to be treated this way? Or would they hope they could count on support?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are photos from our sign making. About 20+ folks showed up. We'll be bringing what we made plus more paper and markers for those who want to make a sign in support.

    carye

    ReplyDelete