Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Support Sam: Today at Noon

At the rally Friday, folks were handing out flyers that there'd be another demonstration today at noon, also in front of city hall. While I haven't heard a lot more about that event, I encourage everyone to dig up their signs from Friday (or make new ones!) and go down there. Why, when Sam has agreed to stay? Because our mayor faces an uphill battle in rebuilding credibility with his commissioners. We can write all the letters we want, but showing up at city hall and making a stink has a more visible and potentially wider impact.

I wish I could make it, but I've got work obligations. Please, though, if you work downtown, if you didn't make it Friday and wish you had, or you'd just like to support Sam Adams, walk/ride/ride down to city hall today at noon. And let me know what happens afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment