Monday, January 26, 2009

Because She Pissed Me Off

Maybe you remember last week when I posted while on hold during an interview with KPAM's Victoria Taft? She needed 5 or 10 minutes to play some ads mid-interview from the folks who support her show, and to dig up some clips to play for me from an interview with Mayor Adams, discussing his relationship with Breedlove.

I'm sure very, very few of the readers of this blog heard the show because, frankly, it would probably make most of you want to scream. I haven't heard it, either.

Victoria Taft's show is the worst kind of conservative media: inflammatory, inaccurate and judgmental without having facts. She told me I had "lost it" for supporting Sam, made weakly-masked insinuations that my opinion on this matter holds no water because I don't have kids (and therefore don't have the best interest of "THE CHILDREN" in mind), made it very clear that she thought I was a nutjob after knowing nothing about me other than the fact that I write for this blog, belittled my interests as a cyclist, and then was rude enough to hang up on me when she wasn't able to rile me to her satisfaction.

I've found her blog, where she ripped off a post from this site without crediting me. She pisses me off, which is exactly her intent. That's really all I have to say.

5 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, I think it's safe to say Victoria was actually able to rile you to her satisfacaton, considering that you're now here crying about it of course. I can't imagine Victoria's losing much sleep over this. Why does an alternative opinion make you want to scream anyway? I pose that question to all the Scam Adams supporters here too. This should be concerning for someone who comes from a movement that boasts its 'open minds'.

    If you're incapable of lodging a defense for your arguments, don't get mad, don't spew insults. Perhaps you should rethink your position maybe? Ask your self why Sam Adam's 17 year old kissy face sessions in city halls restrooms shouldn't be cause for concern for Portland voters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you don't listen to Ms. Taft's show, either.

    Her opinion differing from mine isn't the issue; it's the fact that I went into the interview intending to have an open and fair discussion and she was insulting and attacked me based on having no knowledge of me whatsoever. She wasn't kind, or open-minded, but had set out to attack me in the only way she knew how: using one-sided information and inflammatory tactics.

    HAD you actually listened to the show, you'd hear me trying to converse with her reasonably, and eventually de-escalate by explaining that I respected her opinion and that I have no problem with people who have a different take on this than I do. Her response was to hang up on me.

    I'm prepared to explain and justify my opinions; they're pretty well informed after the last week. But before you attack me as Victoria did, it might be useful if you did some research to back yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to her blog, Hollie. The HTML errors crack me up, and her commentors are nothing short of hysterical, in both senses of the word.

    Remember everybody, laughter is the best medicine, so go check out VT's blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes attack Arturo for not doing his research while you ignore virtually all the research thats been done by our local press, hardly bastions of right wing propaganda.

    Here are some facts backed up by that same research.

    1. Sam played kissy face with a 17 year old in a public restroom at city hall.

    2. Sam lied (and called everyone a homophobe) to cover it up. Following the dictates of common sense, a rational person would wonder if there is anything else he has to hide.

    3. You still support him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see how I attacked anyone. And yes, I support him. That's my choice, just as it's yours to continue trying to stir up a flamewar here.

    See, the point I've been making is that you, Victoria, and other members of the conservative media aren't interested in talking reasonably about my reasons for supporting the mayor. You want to attack me and find something, ANYthing, to condemn about me. Why? No clue. The only thing I can imagine is that you take my opinions somehow personally.

    Again, that's your choice. Have fun with that.

    ReplyDelete